Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Welcome!

This is the beginning, not only for this blog, but for me blogging as well. My name is Kelci Allen, I am a 22 year old student at Rowan University. I live in Galloway, New Jersey with my husband and 4-month old son, he is the main reason I am writing this blog. This is my first semester back after having him and I thought it would be a great idea to bring school life and mom life into one. I know there are many working moms out there and moms going to school as well, since there are plenty of sites on working moms I wanted to do something with moms and school. Trying to balance a home life and work is hard enough, so the thought f balancing home life and school can be just as hard. This blog is for the moms everyone. After having a child the last thing on your mind is going back to school, especially since there is so much to do with the little one, but it can be done. It can be stressful and tiring but I am here to express that along the way.

I honestly thought I would finish school before having children but then the unexpected happened and I had my son. He is the light of my life. I have been lucky enough to have a son who actually allows his mom to sleep through the night and be content with lying next to me playing while I do work, so it is a great help. I know somewhere out there, there is a mother going through the same thing with a child who may not be so willing to help her out. I feel as if this blog is going to allow not only mothers with newborns going back to school but mothers with toddlers as well, to lean on each other for help and support and positive feedback. Getting yourself an education to allow your children to have the best lives they can is important and I know it seems hard but we will get through it.

I have listed a few blogs below that intertwine schooling and parenthood, just taking a look at these sites even though they are not exactly directed towards mothers in school may give everyone, including myself, a better insight into all that is going on around us.

(Douglas, Ann. (2009). The Mother of All Parenting Blogs. Parentcentral.ca)

(Friedman, Dawn. (2009). This woman’s work. Blog Oh! Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment