Thursday, October 22, 2009

Can Your Kids Supply List Work for You?

After reviewing and searching many sites I found it quite interesting the shopping list that are posted for students. Not only can you get a personal shopping list for your child’s teacher of the things they will need, but some sites make up their own stuff of the cool things your child might need.
With this is mind it got me thinking that could a new parent in college use these lists as a background for what they may potentially need? On coolmompicks.com there is an article with suggestions on what the cool mom pick is for back to school shopping. I know we are already well underway into the school year but I figured it may be interesting to keep in mind for next time.
This site not only gives the cool pens, pencils, book bags and lunch bags to get but also clothes. As a student this year I never thought to get a new wardrobe for the beginning of the new semester, nor would I even think to have the money too. I know when I was young we did go back to school clothe shopping but now being a mother in school, I feel maybe I should get the same perks!
Wouldn’t it be fun if they made a website for parents going back to school and it gave you all the new trendy clothes and bags to purchase, along with pens and pencils? Staples.com gives you the deals they have going on for generic stuff you will need, the pens, pencils and notebooks, but why not through in a new laptop for mommy? Why not let me splurge on something since you get to splurge on clothes?
I know this now probably sounds like a bratty rant but I never thought about it till now. When did I stop going back to school shopping for clothes? I think I was in high school. Why did I need a whole new wardrobe then? Since I needed it then, why not now?
This may seem childish but I thought it would be fun to consider putting myself back into that Back to School Shopping Mode and all the fun stuff that I could get. Only if life actually happened that way?

2009 Back to School Shopping List. http://www.coolmompicks.com/backtoschool09/

Shopping List. www.staples .com

No comments:

Post a Comment